This PhD in Education specializing in Reading, Literacy, Assessment, and Evaluation focuses on a research perspective. Students will develop literacy-related research projects and examine research that can improve reading and curriculum outcomes across the educational system.
Classroom teachers, lead teachers, reading specialists, literacy coaches, department chairs, and curriculum specialists can all benefit from this literacy degree online. Courses explore the sociopolitical, cultural, and economic influences on literacy, curriculum, and assessment. Students will learn how to use literature as a tool in promoting cross-cultural understanding.
Course topics within this degree specialization include:
- Issues and trends in reading and literacy
- Reading research design – analysis and evaluation
- Assessment and data analysis to support effective literacy programs
- Literacy interventions for culturally and linguistically diverse populations
- Comprehensive literacy model for student improvement
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- This program requires four residencies.
New York, Rhode Island