Gain advanced skills for supporting families and children with the Family Studies and Intervention concentration of Walden University’s PhD in Social Work. The curriculum focuses on specific resources and instruction for working with couples, families, children, and adolescents.
Students in this online MFT degree program will study culturally sensitive prevention, intervention, and consultation strategies. Emphasis is given to a family systems view of intervention. Graduates will be equipped to address the individual needs of clients related to the complex issues involving children and families.
Class topics within this specialization include:
- Theories and techniques in marriage, couple, and family counseling
- Child and adolescent counseling
- Diversity and multiculturalism
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission