Walden University offers a PhD in Social Work with a special concentration in Disaster, Crisis, and Intervention. This degree examines the psychological impact of terrorism, natural disasters, and other crises on individuals and communities.
Students in this online Social Work degree program will design a crisis plan to prepare for future emergencies. Courses examine the ways in which professionals in the field can foster social change through practice, policy, and advocacy. Graduates will be prepared to conduct research and analyze current practices of treating PTSD and other challenges faced by victims of trauma.
Classes include studies of:
- Crisis management
- Vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue
- Diversity and multiculturalism
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission