The General program track of Walden University’s PhD in Developmental Psychology allows students to gain a broad knowledge of all facets of psychological studies. Graduates will be able to apply the principles of Developmental Psychology across the lifespan.
Courses explore psychopathology as related to emotional and behavioral disorders and the classification systems of infants, children, and adolescents. Students will gain skills to be able to apply a multidisciplinary approach to the study of aging. Online Psychology degrees from Walden have two tracks: Track I is available to students with a master’s related to Psychology; Track II is a pathway for students with a master’s degree in another field.
A sample of the course topics available to students includes:
- Developmental psychopathology
- Contemporary gerontology and geriatric psychology
- Psychology of the exceptional individual
- Culture and psychology
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission