A PhD in Social Work specializing in Criminal Justice from Walden University allows professionals to help address issues to improve the well-being of society. Students in this online Social Work degree program will examine factors that can contribute to criminal behavior, including addiction, homelessness, and unemployment.
This online Criminal Justice degree specialization focuses on research and studies related to combating crime in our communities. Students will complete original research on current forms of intervention and help advance individual and group psychotherapy care and processes. Graduates will be equipped to pursue a role as a scholar, educator, policy analyst, agency leader, or researcher.
Course topics within this specialization include:
- Historical and contemporary issues in criminal justice
- Policy analysis in the criminal justice system
- Diversity and multiculturalism
- Contemporary issues, social change, and social policy
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission