Expand your skills as a supervisor or advanced clinician with Walden University’s PhD in Social Work focusing on Clinical Expertise. A challenging curriculum builds student knowledge in areas including supervision, treatment of forensic populations, and addictions case management.
Extensive self-awareness activities allow students to understand how their own attitudes and beliefs can affect their ability to advocate for individuals, lead change in communities, and reform policies. Courses in this online Social Work degree program explore major methods and practices, as well as ethical and legal issues that professionals may encounter as a supervisor working with staff from diverse backgrounds.
Class topics include studies of the following:
- Diversity and multiculturalism
- Social work supervision
- Contemporary issues, social change, and social policy
- Program and practice evaluation
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission