The Teacher Leadership (Grades K-12) specialization is ideal for the classroom teacher who is passionate about making a difference in education. Discover how you can build upon your existing expertise with dynamic skills that can help address such key challenges as parent involvement and student achievement. Learn more about your leadership style, leverage the latest research to guide your decisions, and lead with greater confidence in your classroom and in your learning community.
Emphasis on Practical Strategies
- Enhance your leadership capabilities while remaining in the classroom.
- Improve parent involvement and student achievement.
- Encourage and mentor your colleagues.
An added MSED accelerated option is designed to be completed in 12-months, time to completion will vary by student, depending on individual progress and credits transferred, if applicable.
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Completed online application and transcripts
- Materials you are required to submit may vary depending on the academic program to which you apply
Walden University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) for a period of 7 years, from 2012 to 2019. In 2013, NCATE merged with the Teacher Education Accreditation Council to form the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Walden University is eligible for and will seek accreditation based on CAEP standards beginning in fall 2018.
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission