Walden University offers a Graduate Certificate focusing on Teaching and Diversity in Early Childhood Education. The goal of the program is to create environments where diverse children and families can thrive.
Participants will learn practical, research-based strategies to enhance their early childhood programs. Students will study the complexities of culture and how understanding cultural differences can foster children’s healthy development and learning. Graduates of this online Early Childhood Education degree will have skills and knowledge of how to address bias and stereotypes that can affect young children’s development.
Topics of study within this certificate program include:
- Early childhood development
- Effective programs and practices
- Perspectives on diversity and equity
- Diversity, development, and learning
- Strategies for working with diverse children
- A bachelor's degree or higher
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission