Walden University’s Graduate Certificate in Special Education examines the latest strategies for effective student and classroom management. Graduates will be leaders in advanced behavioral interventions.
Participants will explore learning and behavioral interventions, differentiated instruction, and ability-appropriate accommodations. A virtual classroom simulation allows participants to explore real-life scenarios in special education. Credits earned from this online Special Education certification can be applied toward Walden’s MS in Education with a specialization in Special Education.
Educators will learn about topics including:
- Leadership, collaboration, and consultation
- Honoring due process in special education
- Supporting effective evaluation and assessment practices
- Adapting instruction using evidence-based strategies
- A bachelor's degree or higher
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission