Learn how to create strategies to engage preK through Grade 6 readers and English language learners with this Graduate Certificate in Elementary Reading and Literacy.
This online literacy program from Walden University focuses on the five pillars of reading: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. Participants will gain tools for using technology to create 21st century literacy experiences. Specific strategies focus on groups including P-3, intermediate (grades 4-6), English language learners, gifted students, and struggling readers.
Topics of study within this program include:
- Reading and literacy today
- Literacy development P-3
- Reading and literacy growth in grades 4-6
- Literacy in culturally and linguistically diverse classrooms
- Literacy in academically diverse classrooms
- A bachelor's degree or higher
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission