Graduates of this Doctor of Education specializing in Higher Education and Adult Learning will be prepared to design, develop, and lead successful adult learning programs in multiple settings. Skills learned in this online Adult Education degree program can be applied to higher education institutions, corporations, and workforce development programs.
Students will examine adult learning theories, learn best practices for program planning and assessment, and develop leadership skills to encourage and motivate adult learners. Applied research and practical coursework within this online Higher Education degree program allows graduates to create effective learning experiences for adults.
Class topics include the following:
- Understanding the adult learner
- Leadership of higher education programs for adult learners
- Designing instruction for eLearning
- Leading the future of education
Students will be required to attend one face-to-face residency.
- Must have a master's degree or higher
- Official transcripts
- Materials you are required to submit may vary depending on the academic program to which you apply
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission