Walden University offers a Social Work Administration specialization within its Doctor of Social Work degree program. Social Work professionals will learn skills for strong leadership, strategic program development, and effective implementation of programs.
The curriculum focuses on an in-depth understanding of organizational behavior, staff development, internal and community relations, and management. Students will learn effective management and planning skills to improve their organization’s ability to improve outcomes for its clients. This online Social Work degree specialization helps students focus on aspects of administration within the context of advancing social welfare.
Topics of study within this specialization include:
- Human services administration
- Leadership development
- Strategic context of public management and leadership
- This program requires an on-campus residency.
- Master's degree or higher
- Must have at least two years of agency-related professional experience
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission