Walden University offers a Doctor of Social Work degree concentrating on Policy Practice. Courses in this online Social Work degree focus on ways to create public policies that result in sustainable positive change.
Students will learn the fundamentals of how to successfully collaborate with legislators, lobbyists, and grassroots organizations. Courses examine the economic, governmental, and legal factors that influence decision-making related to social welfare policies. Graduates will be able to identify community needs and work with key stakeholders to improve the welfare of the community.
This specialization includes studies of topics such as:
- Public policy analysis
- Strategic planning – collaboration, cooperation, and coordination
- Fundamentals of law and public policy
- This program requires an on-campus residency.
- Master's degree or higher
- Must have at least two years of agency-related professional experience
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission