The online Doctor of Social Work degree program at Walden University offers a concentration in Medical Social Work. Medical social workers help individuals and families facing illness, disability, and issues related to aging.
Classes discuss ways to create, analyze, and utilize methods used by medical social workers. Students in this online Social Work degree program will develop and assess the best possible strategies for interventions for clients, particularly the elderly. Graduates will be prepared to work in settings including hospitals, nursing homes, and other treatment facilities.
Course topics include the following:
- Medical social work
- Dimensions of contemporary aging
- Advanced social work theory and practice
- This program requires an on-campus residency.
- Master's degree or higher
- Must have at least two years of agency-related professional experience
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission