Walden University offers a Family Studies and Intervention concentration within its Doctor of Social Work program. Students will gain advanced clinical skills in working with children and families.
Courses explore specific resources and instruction for working with couples, children, and adolescents. Examining different prevention, intervention, and consultation strategies allows professionals to meet the specific needs of individual clients. A focus of this MFT online program is on providing culturally sensitive support to children and families from different backgrounds and life stages.
Students in this specialization will study topics such as:
- Theories and techniques in marriage, couple, and family counseling
- Child and adolescent counseling
- Social change in action – prevention, consultation, and advocacy
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Walden University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- This program requires an on-campus residency.
- Applicants must have at least two years of agency-related professional experience.
New York, Rhode Island