Professionals can prepare for the next step in their career with a Doctor of Social Work degree focused on Clinical Expertise. This online Social Work degree from Walden University equips graduates with the skills and knowledge needed to become an expert in clinical Social Work practice.
Students will learn how theories inform Social Work practice, policy, and research. Graduates will be able to supervise or mentor Master of Social Work students or pursue advanced clinical practice positions. A focus is on the ways social workers can foster social change for their community, clients, and the profession.
Specialization courses include studies of:
- Social work supervision
- Treatment of addictions
- Treatment of forensic populations
- This program requires an on-campus residency.
- Master's degree or higher
- Must have at least two years of agency-related professional experience
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission