The Doctor of Social Work degree program from Walden University offers a specialization in Addictions and Social Work. The program focuses on best practices in addictions treatment and case management.
Students will learn how to support people directly and indirectly impacted by substance abuse or addictive behaviors. This online Social Work degree helps students identify the needs of individuals, families, and communities. Graduates of this online Substance Abuse Counseling degree will be prepared to develop effective prevention and intervention strategies to support their clients.
Course topics within this specialization include the following:
- Introduction to addiction
- Treatment of addictions
- Social change in action – prevention, consultation, and advocacy
- This program requires an on-campus residency.
- Master's degree or higher
- Must have at least two years of agency-related professional experience
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission