A Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) degree from Walden University allows students to lead programs to encourage healthier, more resilient communities. Graduates will possess the advanced training and leadership skills to lead agencies, institutions, and community organizations.
Classes in this online Public Health degree program explore modern-day health problems from both a domestic and global perspective. Current public health knowledge is used to create effective programs and policies that benefit entire populations. Students will learn how to critically evaluate evidence-based research, theories, and models used in public health.
Core classes in this degree program include studies of:
- Global health and issues in disease prevention
- Public health policy and advocacy
- Public health leadership and systems thinking
- Economics and financing of public health systems
- A MPH degree or a masters in a related subject area is required.
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission