Think about issues from a community, society, and worldwide perspective with an online Human Services degree focusing on Global Social Justice and Civic Engagement. Students in this program will gain a firm understanding of current social issues including diversity, human rights, and the environment.
Graduates will be equipped to respond to crisis situations involving natural disasters, education, and healthcare. Exploring these issues allows students to understand major obstacles and focus on creating strategies to facilitate positive change. Through a senior capstone project, students will be able to identify a Human Services need in their own community and develop a plan to address it.
This concentration includes studies of:
- Global issues in politics
- Leadership and volunteerism
- Social entrepreneurship
- Communication for social change
- Service in the global community
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Walden University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Applicants must meet one of the following: be 21 years or older; an active member of the military or veteran; or have 60 quarter credits for transfer.
New York, Rhode Island