The Cultural Studies concentration of this online Human Services bachelor’s degree program examines the styles of communication unique to specific cultures. Graduates will be able to overcome challenges in academic, personal, and professional cross-cultural situations.
Professionals in an array of career fields can benefit from understanding the complexities of our multicultural society. Ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status can all affect how people interact and communicate with one another. Students in this program will take courses specific to Cultural Studies, as well as receive a broad base of education in a range of Human Services topics.
The curriculum includes the following:
- Intergroup conflict and peace building
- Psychology of gender
- Sustaining quality of life in the city
- Racial and ethnic identities
- Global social justice
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must meet one of the following: be 21 years or older; an active member of the military or veteran; or have 60 quarter credits for transfer.
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission