Learn how the justice system works with a Human Services degree online with a concentration in Courts and the Legal System. This degree program from Walden University examines the principles of law related to domestic and international crime, criminal defense, and punishment.
The curriculum focuses on aspects of civil law, including family law, employment law, property rights, and malpractice issues. This broad overview of the judicial system allows students to interact in a professional capacity with victims, offenders, communities, and government agencies in response to crime.
Courses explore topics such as:
- Juvenile delinquency and justice
- Courts and judicial process
- Criminal law
- Data analysis for criminal justice professionals
- Restorative justice
- Mobilizing and coordinating community response
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Walden University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Applicants must meet one of the following: be 21 years or older; an active member of the military or veteran; or have 60 quarter credits for transfer.
New York, Rhode Island