Learn healthcare leadership skills with Walden University’s bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management. Students will examine clinic operations and management, financial management, strategic planning, and marketing within the healthcare field.
This bachelor’s in Healthcare Administration online focuses on understanding the US healthcare system and management techniques that can help a healthcare organization thrive. Graduates can pursue leadership roles in facilities such as hospitals, health insurance organizations, mental health facilities, research institutions, and health charities and foundations. Students choose from three program options: Course-Based, which is instructor-led with a predetermined schedule; Tempo Competency-Based, a flexible learning experience at your own pace; or Accelerate into Master’s (AIM), where students can earn up to 20 master’s-level credits as an undergraduate.
Classes include studies of topics including:
- Healthcare organization theory and behavior
- Interprofessional teamwork in healthcare
- Health insurance and reimbursement
- Healthcare finance
- Healthcare economics from a population health perspective
- Admission is considered for adult students who hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- You are 21 years of age or older.
- You are less than 21 years of age with 60 quarter credit hours.
- You are an active member of the military or a veteran with documentation of service.
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission