The use of Data Science allows organizations to solve problems and stay competitive. Skilled data scientists help businesses of all sizes make decisions based on data-driven information. The courses in the Data Science concentration of this online Business Administration degree program were developed through a partnership between IBM and Walden University to ensure compatibility with the needs of the business world.
This Business Administration degree online includes a foundation of business-related classes, along with classes focusing on Data Science. Students will learn how to analyze and solve problems using available digital data and tools. Virtual labs allow students to understand real-world uses of data. Courses discuss how to collect, analyze, and visualize data, as well as how to communicate findings to various individuals.
The curriculum includes studies of:
- Business statistics
- FInancial management
- Data mining and analysis
- Information systems in enterprise
- Storytelling with data
Admission is considered for adult students who hold a high school diploma or its equivalent. Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- You are 21 years of age or older
- You are less than 21 years of age with 60 quarter credit hours
- You are an active member of the military or a veteran with documentation of service
- You are concurrently enrolled in an approved partner institution with an articulation agreement with Walden
AACSB International (AACSB)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission