The online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program from Virginia Commonwealth University prepares expert practitioners able to translate research into evidence-based practice. Graduates will have the ability to lead teams of healthcare professionals in a variety of settings to improve patient outcomes.
Topics emphasized in this online nurse practitioner degree program include patient safety, quality improvement, leadership, health policy, and organizational systems. Master’s-prepared nurses can pursue this degree on either a part-time or full-time basis, primarily online, with three campus visits per year.
Nurses in this program study topics including:
- Statistical methods for quality improvement
- Epidemiology and population health
- Health policy leadership and advocacy
- Health information and data management
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Virginia Commonwealth University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Students are required to come to campus for 2-3 days at the beginning of each semester.
- Applicants must have a master's degree in nursing from an ACEN, CCNE, or CNEA accredited program.
- Applicants must have a current, unrestricted RN license or authorization to practice as an RN in the US. and current certification in an advanced practice specialty (NP, CNS, or Nursing Administration).