The Certificate of Substance Abuse from Vincennes University is designed primarily for professionals interested in focusing on the field of substance abuse. Courses can benefit a wide range of helping professionals. Students will learn how to recognize addictions and understand treatment and prevention options for individuals and their families.
Students will study topics such as:
- Developmental psychology
- Abnormal psychology
- Addiction disorders and psychoactive drugs
- Assessment and treatment of addiction disorders
- Human issues and dilemmas in social sciences
- High school diplioma or equivalent
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be required.
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission