Valparaiso University, also known as Valpo, is a private institution that was founded in 1859. Located on a 310-acre suburban campus in Valparaiso, Indiana, Valparaiso University is the country’s largest independent Lutheran institution and is owned by the Lutheran University Association. Valparaiso University was originally founded by Methodists as a co-educational institution but had to close in 1871 due to losses that occurred during the civil war. In 1873, the university re-opened as the Northern Indiana Normal School and became Valparaiso College in 1900. The university got its current name in 1906. The Lutheran University Association purchased Valparaiso in 1925 and it became a premier learning institution combining professional training and liberal arts university.
Valparaiso University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees. Over 100 academic programs are available in the following colleges and schools:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Engineering
- College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Christ College, The Honors College
- Law School
- Graduate School
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Sector Of Institution:Private not-for-profit, 4-year or above
Religious Affiliation:Lutheran Church in America
Highest Level Of Offering:Doctor's degree
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.