Criminals continue to advance their techniques through technology, as well as skate the edge of legal loopholes, taking advantage of non-existent or loosely-defined laws. You’ll find the issues related to criminal justice span the globe, entering the homes and business of its residents in a physical and virtual manner, threatening homeland security, and demanding immediate policy changes to protect the innocent and prosecute the guilty.
The online BS in Criminal Justice specialization in Homeland Security curriculum prepares you to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the role of police in American society including the nature of police subculture, professionalism, personnel selection, unionism and operational trends.
- Learn the importance of strategic and contingency planning, systems integration, and information sharing.
- Learn the importance of proprietary information in both the corporate and government sectors including legal issues, policy formulation, administrative and technical remedies, and case studies.
- Describe the ways policing, court, and correctional systems can vary drastically from one country to the next, with potentially serious consequences to a visitor unfamiliar with how a nation’s justice system works and interacts internationally.
- Determine how respective criminal justice systems are impacted as you examine topical issues such as the Olympics
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Utica University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- Applicants must have a minimum of 57 transferable credits.