Utica College offers an online MS in Nursing Education. As a nurse educator, you fill a valuable role in reducing the nursing shortage — teaching nursing excellence to others and preparing them the next generation of nurses for advanced roles.
The Educator curriculum requires 180 hours of practicum experience working with qualified nurse educators.
Nurse Educators earn an average salary of $69,130 and expect employment to grow 24% through 2026.
Nurse Educator Certification: The online MS in Nursing Education program prepares you for Certification for Nurse Educators (CNE) through the National League for Nursing (NLN).
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program
- An unencumbered RN license in the state in which you reside
- 2,000 hours of work experience
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- A 3-credit statistics course (grade of B or higher)
- A baccalaureate level health assessment course with observed laboratory with a grade of B or higher
- A successful background check
- Two letters of recommendation: preferably one from a faculty member and one from a professional colleague
- A writing sample
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education