Utica College offers an online master’s degree in Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP). As a FNP, you’ll be able to provide a higher level of patient care. In this role you can diagnose and treat patients, establish community programs, and complete research that changes healthcare.
The FNP degree mandates a 3-day (Fri – Sun) immersion experience and 720 practicum hours, which can be applied towards the 1,000 hours required for a DNP degree.
FNP Certification: The online MS – FNP program prepares you for national certification through American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Certification Board (AANP).
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program
- An unencumbered RN license in the state in which you reside
- 2,000 hours of work experience
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- A 3-credit statistics course (grade of B or higher)
- A baccalaureate level health assessment course with observed laboratory with a grade of B or higher
- A successful background check
- Two letters of recommendation: preferably one from a faculty member and one from a professional colleague
- A writing sample
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education