The online Cybersecurity Technologies certificate educates professionals looking to change their career path, or improve their technical abilities to complement their job skills, with the knowledge and skills necessary to navigate efficiently in the workplace with regard to cybersecurity. Building on computer hardware concepts, the curriculum covers information assurance risk, and compliance, as students learn the fundamentals and current issues in the dynamic and growing field of cybersecurity, computer forensics and other related technical areas.
This certificate contains core courses that address critical technologies across a broad area of criminal justice related spaces. Students in this certificate program will learn about:
- Computer hardware
- How cyber technologies relate to the criminal justice field
- How cyber technologies are evolving
- What constitutes a computer forensics investigation
- How fraud is related to cybercrime.
The Cyber Technologies Certificate will also help prepare students to take advantage of testing for these professional certifications:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security+
The 18 credit certificate, which can be completed in just one year, can seamlessly transfer into an advanced degree at Utica College.
- Associate's degree or international equivalent
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 (applicants with GPAs below 2.7 may be admitted at the discretion of the department)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education