Criminals continue to advance their techniques through technology, as well as skate the edge of legal loopholes, taking advantage of non-existent or loosely-defined laws. You’ll find the issues related to criminal justice span the globe, entering the homes and business of its residents in a physical and virtual manner, threatening homeland security, and demanding immediate policy changes to protect the innocent and prosecute the guilty.
The online BS in Criminal Justice specialized in White-Collar Crime prepares you to:
- Learn the importance of economic crime in relation to theory, causation, and victimization
- Learn how crime is a form of deviant behavior, its relation to social values and social structure, types of criminal behavior, theories of treatment and control, correctional methods, and the administration of justice
- Demonstrate knowledge of organized crime in the United States and its impact on social, economic, and political institutions with a special focus on the role of corruption as a facilitator of crime
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history, categories, offenders, victims, trends, theories, investigatory techniques, policies, and societal reactions to corporate and other forms of white collar crime in the United States
- Have an understanding of the government and judicial regulations of financial institutions, commercial entities, their agents, and employees in relation to economic and business crime
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Utica College is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- Applicants must have a minimum of 57 transferable credits.