Prepare to help others through a management role in health care — enroll in Utica's online B.S. in Health Care Management degree. You'll learn how to navigate the complexities in medical care, laws and regulations, and use expert business knowledge to ensure patients receive quality care with positive outcomes.
Focus on the Business of Health Care
Faculty with years of industry experience demonstrate how your business savvy can improve patient outcomes. The 100% online program is 120 credit hours and available to first-time freshman as well as transfer students.
- Health studies, gerontology, and psychology to understand the physical and psychological needs of patients and clients.
- Economics, to understand how economic behavior will affect your organization and what you can do to deliver quality care.
- Anthropology and social studies to understand how the U.S. health care system operates in the broader contexts of health care delivery.
- Ethics to manage the conflicts between policy, providers, and patient care.
Medical health and service managers earn a median annual salary of $100,980 and are projected to have a 32% job growth rate from 2019 to 2029*. Graduates hold leadership positions at:
- MEDITECH Inc.
- Mohawk Valley Health System
- NYU Langone Health
If you'd like to pursue graduate study, the curriculum prepares you for the Master of Health Administration (MHA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
Note: This program does not lead to licensure as there are no licensure expectations for medical health and service managers, only nursing home administrators.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Utica College is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official High School Transcript/GED Score, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent