The online Criminal Intelligence Analysis (CIA) B.S. prepares students for successful careers in the data-driven, evidence-based field of criminal justice. Criminal intelligence involves the analysis and presentation of crime data with the intent of guiding decision making and public policy. This Intelligence Led Policing (ILP), impacts all aspects of law enforcement, from patrol to investigations.
The online BS in Criminal Intelligence Analysis curriculum has expanded to allow both first-time freshmen, as well as students with some college credit to apply.
The program is designed for working professionals who are completing this BS CIA program on a part time basis taking 6 credits a semester (2 classes). The length of time students take to complete the 120 credit hours required to earn the degree, depends on the number of credits transferred in, as well as other factors such as credit load each semester. Students may be able to take more classes per semester with permission from the Program Director.
The Online BS CIA program prepares students who have a passion for law enforcement but do not desire to be a traditional police officer, to compete and excel in the contemporary crime-control job market. Students gain skills in crime mapping, tactical crime analysis, criminal investigative analysis, and geographic profiling and learn how to:
- Analyze Quantitative and Qualitative evidence pertaining to crime
- Locate, assess, analyze, and present data;
- Use technology effectively – a series of hands-on courses prepare students to use social networking, geospatial, and other data analysis tools.
- Employ critical thinking skills and effective communication
Preparation for Industry Certifications
- Completing your online criminal intelligence analyst degree helps prepare students for the
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Utica College is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- Applicants must have a minimum of 57 transferable credits.