Bachelor of Applied Studies in Fire and Emergency Response Management
University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
The Bachelor of Applied Studies in Fire and Emergency Response Management offered by University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh prepares students to manage complex public health and safety organizations. Developed by fire chiefs, the program is designed for individuals who are working in fire safety and emergency response professions. Coursework includes budgeting, emergency planning, administrative law, and management of emergency services.
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC)
- A total of 120 division credits are required to complete the degree.
- Applicants with an Applied Associate Degree: Must have an approved, regionally accredited degree in Fire Science Tech, Fire Protection, Fire Engineering, Wildland Fire, Fire Medic, Paramedic, or Emergency Management. Degree must have been earned after 1990.
- Experienced Professionals without an Applied Associate Degree: May apply with documentation of Firefighter 1 and 2 or EMT Basic and National Registry. Three years of full time experience. Two recommendation letters.
Since the University’s inception as a teacher-training school in 1871 to its stature today as a premier comprehensive institution, quality and innovative higher education have been hallmarks of UW Oshkosh’s success. In the early years, the Oshkosh State Normal School was Wisconsin’s foremost institution for educating teachers and the first such school in the nation to have a kindergarten. Tuition was free to all who declared their intention to teach in Wisconsin public schools. Today, UW Oshkosh proudly serves the region as the third-largest university in Wisconsin. Recent key campus initiatives include a commitment to sustainability and the ideals of a liberal education across the curriculum.
UW-Oshkosh offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees and certificates from the following colleges:
- College of Business
- College of Education & Human Services
- College of Letters & Science
- College of Nursing
Through the department of Lifelong Learning & Community Engagement, students can earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree completely online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.