The online ME in Engineering Management degree program is designed to be a high-impact alternative to a traditional MBA for engineers, providing students with an understanding of how the practice of engineering aligns with the business of engineering. Students are able to grow their career potential as they grow their understanding of best practices for managing personnel, functions, and teams. Courses cover topics such as:
- Foundations of Engineering Leadership
- Engineering Economic Analysis & Management
- Technical Project Management
- Engineering Law
- International Engineering Strategies & Operations
An optional week-long residency on campus is held in August.
- A BS degree from a program accredited by the ABET or the equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ post baccalaureate engineering experience
- A minimum undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 on the equivalent of the last 60 semester hours (approximately two years of work) or a master’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Three professional recommendations
- Phone interview
Exceptions to standard admission requirements are considered by the admissions committee on an individual basis.
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission