Master of Social Work
University of Southern California
The MSW@USC is the online Master of Social Work from the University of Southern California School of Social Work, the largest and most innovative school of social work in the U.S. The program features community-based fieldwork and live, online classes taught by renowned USC School of Social Work faculty. Students can choose to focus their studies with program options such as military social work, school social work and community organization. A bachelor’s degree or higher is required for admission
The MSW@USC offers students:
• Five start dates per year
• Coursework focused on leadership in the 21st century
• Advanced standing for applicants who hold a BSW
• Classes taught by USC faculty who are experts in the field
• USC’s online Master of Social Work (MSW) program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
• The USC School of Social Work is the largest and most innovative school of social work. • The MSW@USC features live classes, highly produced course content, an engaging community and small class sizes with a 12-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio.
• Ranked No. 11 by U.S. News & World Report, the USC School of Social Work is one of the highest-ranked social work schools to offer an online, nationwide MSW program.
• No GRE required.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 18 units of interdisciplinary liberal arts coursework, spanning both social and biological sciences. Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0. Experience in providing service to people preferred. Potential for professional competence; strong interest and motivation; and commitment to social work values such as the appreciation for cultural and ethnic diversity, belief in the dignity and freedom of every individual, promotion of social justice and equal access to resources, and institutional responsiveness to human needs and social change. Personal attributes such as sensitivity and responsiveness in relationships, capacity for self-awareness, concern for the needs of others as well as strong abilities in abstract reasoning, conceptual thinking and interpersonal communication.
New Hampshire, Washington
Recognized as a leading research facility with global networks, USC supports online learning through USC Online. Students benefit from online flexible degree programs, yet complete the same academic rigor and standards of on-campus degrees.
More than 80 online degree programs accommodate working professionals and nontraditional students. Degrees include, but are not limited to, fields of study in business, management, psychology, education, dentistry, gerontology, engineering, medicine, social work, and public policy.
Students communicate with peers and faculty in real time via online sessions, and faculty work with students to coordinate service learning and internship opportunities in regions near to the student’s residence.
Online students also have access to USC resources, including financial aid. Master’s programs typically require about two years to complete, while students can complete certificate programs in one year.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.