The online MSW from the University of South Dakota prepares individuals to deliver competent and ethical social services in the diverse communities of the state and surrounding region. Students with a bachelor’s degree in Social Work from an accredited institution can apply for Advanced Standing to complete the degree with 36 credit hours rather than the standard 60 credit hours.
Graduates of the online master’s in Social Work can provide clinical and therapeutic services, staff supervision, community development, organizational planning, and social policy analysis and advocacy. Out-of-state students should confirm that this program meets licensure or certification requirements in their state.
Students will gain advanced knowledge and skills in areas including:
- Practice with communities
- Practice with individuals, children, and families
- Practice-informed qualitative research
- Social policy
- Practice with organizations, administration, and supervision
- Must hold a baccalaureate degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program
- GPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission