The online MSN degree program from the University of South Alabama is designed to prepare students for advanced nursing practice and doctoral study. Graduates of the program are able to:
- Integrate advanced knowledge and theories from nursing and related disciplines into a specialized area of advanced nursing practice
- Demonstrate competence in advanced nursing roles to meet the current and emerging health needs of a global changing society
- Use scientific inquiry to identify problems and individualize patient care designed to improve care outcomes
- Apply advanced knowledge of leadership and management to influence health policy and transform care delivery systems
- Contribute to the focus and direction of the nursing profession
- Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States of America.
- Current registered nurse licensure with no restrictions. Nurses with any restrictions on their license, including participation in a voluntary disciplinary alternative program, cannot be admitted.
- Completion of Primary and Supplemental Applications.
- Two years of nursing experience in an area appropriate to designated specialty track prior to enrolling in nurse practitioner clinical courses.
- Applicant must be in good standing with all academic institutions/nursing programs that they have attended in order to be admitted to any MSN program.
- All transcripts from USA and Canada must be sent directly from the institution to NursingCAS.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges