The online MSN degree program from the University of South Alabama is designed to prepare students for advanced nursing practice and doctoral study. Graduates of the program are able to:
- Integrate advanced knowledge and theories from nursing and related disciplines into a specialized area of advanced nursing practice
- Demonstrate competence in advanced nursing roles to meet the current and emerging health needs of a global changing society
- Use scientific inquiry to identify problems and individualize patient care designed to improve care outcomes
- Apply advanced knowledge of leadership and management to influence health policy and transform care delivery systems
- Contribute to the focus and direction of the nursing profession
- Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States of America.
- Current registered nurse licensure with no restrictions. Nurses with any restrictions on their license, including participation in a voluntary disciplinary alternative program, cannot be admitted.
- Completion of Primary and Supplemental Applications.
- Two years of nursing experience in an area appropriate to designated specialty track prior to enrolling in nurse practitioner clinical courses.
- Applicant must be in good standing with all academic institutions/nursing programs that they have attended in order to be admitted to any MSN program.
- All transcripts from USA and Canada must be sent directly from the institution to NursingCAS.
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges