Master of Business Administration / Operations Management
University of Scranton
The Operations Management specialization of The University of Scranton's online MBA gives you the analytical and problem-solving skills that you will need to succeed in this information and technology-intensive field. This specialized MBA program stresses the foundations of business theory as well as the importance of ethical and sustainable practices, in line with the University's Jesuit tradition.
Coursework is designed to teach you how to:
- Make business decisions; this includes learning to apply quantitative approaches and to use computer programs and systems in addressing business decision-making problems.
- Apply accounting techniques and business law principles in a business setting; you will gain a fundamental understanding of business and accounting operations from a legal perspective.
- Make economic and financial business decisions; you will be introduced to micro and macroeconomics and will learn essential skills for making financial decisions and conducting financial analyses.
- Apply marketing and management techniques in a business setting; you will learn essential marketing skills along with the ability to assess workplace resources and to make managerial decisions pertinent to a business' needs.
- Manage and lead in all aspects of business, which includes operations management, supply chain management, project management, financial management, etc. Courses specifically emphasizing each of these areas and others essential for managerial leadership like organizational behavior are part of the well-rounded curriculum.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or the equivalent from an international college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Statement of Intent
- Three Letters of Reference
- Must have at least 3 years of professional or supervisory work experience
Since 1888, The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online masters and certificate programs.
You can choose online master's programs in accounting, business administration, health administration, health informatics and human resources. In addition, The University of Scranton offers online graduate certificates.
The online, master’s degree curriculum is taught by highly-credentialed faculty and reflects the same rigorous academic standards as the on-campus programs. Nearly all of The University of Scranton’s instructional faculty hold doctoral or other terminal degrees in their fields – so you can excel in yours.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.