Master of Accountancy
University of Scranton
Gain the finance and accounting skills needed for career advancement with The University of Scranton's online Master of Accountancy (MAcc). Housed in the AACSB-accredited Kania School of Management, students experience a rigorous curriculum developed by award-winning instructors and researchers. The program is built on core competencies that emphasize the development of soft skills and practical strategy.
The 30-credit-hour online MAcc program fulfills the 150 credit hours required by most states to take the CPA exam.
Upon completion of the program, students are prepared to:
- Apply practical knowledge in the field of accounting including how knowledge is generated and disseminated
- Apply advanced approaches to leveraging accounting as a means of solving business problems
- Comprehend and employ skills needed for identifying and navigating red flags that could indicate occupational fraud
- Critically analyze accounting information to disseminate value-added insights for the firm for effective economic decisions
- Understand the global environment and critical leadership roles that are associated within the broader business environment
- Demonstrate effective and advanced communication skills to key stakeholders within and outside of the firm
The program also includes The University of Scranton's online MAcc program designed for busy, full-time accounting professionals who need a flexible and asynchronous degree program to accommodate their full schedules. The program is entirely online, allowing students the opportunity to study and continue their education how and when it is convenient for them.
The curriculum is also frequently updated and influenced by The University of Scranton's Accounting Department Partnership Council (ADPC), a group of practicing CPAs who have partnered with The University's Accounting Department for consulting, student mentorship, and alumni networking. In addition, students are able to purchase the premier, Big 4 Firms-endorsed Wiley CPAexcel® at a deep discount in order to prepare students for the CPA exam.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or the equivalent from an international college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Summary of Submission
- Transfer of Credit Policy form
- Statement of Intent
Since 1888, The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online masters and certificate programs.
You can choose online master's programs in accounting, business administration, health administration, health informatics and human resources. In addition, The University of Scranton offers online graduate certificates.
The online, master’s degree curriculum is taught by highly-credentialed faculty and reflects the same rigorous academic standards as the on-campus programs. Nearly all of The University of Scranton’s instructional faculty hold doctoral or other terminal degrees in their fields – so you can excel in yours.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.