Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
University of Saint Mary
The online B.S. in Health Information Management at the University of Saint Mary prepares you for a career in the expanding and evolving health care industry. Gain the competitive managerial skills and enhance your IT/data analysis knowledge to position yourself for higher-level roles within health care settings — such as director of health information management, data quality manager, business analyst, or information security manager. Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Certification Exam.
- 100% convenient online format
- Complete in just 24 months
- RHIA Certification Exam ready
Curriculum Designed for Your Goals
The CAHIIM accredited curriculum enables you to bridge the health care system through clinical, operational, and administrative services. You'll have the opportunity to participate in an internship tailored specifically to your own career aspirations and immerse yourself in courses that concentrate on four specific areas:
- ICD 10 / CPT Coding & Reimbursement: Understand intricacies of the changing reimbursement environment
- Informatics & Data Security: Knowledge of IT and the implementation of electronic health records
- Management: Supervise staff, manage resources, and records
- Data Analysis: Performs of electronic analytics of various health care data to assist with Quality assessment and performance improvement
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
Must have a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Some previous undergraduate coursework may be required. Official school transcripts. Letters of recommendation. Essay or personal statement.
Not authorized for residents of Alabama, Kentucky, and North Carolina.
Make Your Goals a Reality
Guided by the vision of its founders, the University of Saint Mary (USM) is an accredited institution that has been educating students since 1923. Earn your advanced education from USM conveniently online to fit your busy lifestyle and help you achieve your professional and personal goals.
The University of Saint Mary offers online:
- Accredited bachelor's degrees in nursing and health information management
- Accredited graduate degrees in nursing and business
Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, the university seeks to inspire students and to prepare them for value-centered lives and careers that will benefit our global society. Our programs combine liberal arts with career preparation to contribute to your professional and personal growth.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.