The online DNP degree program from the University of Saint Joseph is designed to equip nurses with leadership skills intended for career advancement in healthcare settings. Coursework integrates a holistic approach that combines scholarship and research with communication and advocacy to best meet the needs of local communities.
Professionals can choose to specialize in either the Family Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program. Curriculum for both meets the requirements of the AACN Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice. On completion of the program, students may also opt to sit for national certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Official Master of Science in Nursing (MS/MSN) transcript with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal essay
- Immunization records
- Nursing supplemental health form
- Copy of valid nursing license
- Certified background check
- Certification form documenting previous master's-level supervised clinical hours
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education