Working in partnership with Sodexo Dietetic Internships, Rhode Island University offers an online Master of Science in Dietetics degree program. Students apply to both institutions and are able to complete online coursework through the University while SodexoUSA coordinates placement and provides supervision of the internship.
Curriculum at Rhode Island includes studies in nutrition therapy, health promotion, and dietetic research. Students will have the opportunity to apply this knowledge in practice through more than 1,200 hours of supervised practice.
Internship concentrations include:
- Weight Management
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Senior Living
Completion of the MS in Dietetics Online Program does not lead to the RD credential or state licensure.
Requirements for the University of Rhode Islands master’s program:
- Must first be accepted into a Sodexo Dietetic Internship Program
- Completion of 11 courses (36 credits) and completion of the dietetic internship program (1,248 hours supervised practice)
- Must attend a two-day in-person orientation
Application requirements into the Sodexo Dietetic Internship Program
- Must have completed an ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics and at least a bachelor’s degree
Both institutions require:
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Statement of intent
- Three recommendation letters
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education