The University of Providence was founded in 1932 by the Most Reverend Edwin V. O'Hara, Catholic Bishop of Great Falls, in collaboration with the Sisters of Charity of Providence and the Ursuline Sisters. Named Great Falls Junior College for Women, the two-year college was originally located in the Ursuline Academy on Central Avenue. In 1937, the first male student enrolled. By the early 1950s it became simply the College of Great Falls under the direction of the Sisters of Providence, and in 1995, the College was renamed the University of Great Falls.
University of Providence awards associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, many of which can be earned online through the department of Distance Learning.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities