Master of Science in Nursing / Informatics
The University of Pittsburgh offers an online Master of Science in Nursing with an emphasis in Nursing Informatics that blends cognitive science, computer science, information science and nursing science for the purpose of enhancing management of patient care. The program stresses the development of leadership in nursing by learning effective managerial skills and data processing. Graduates are eligible for the Nursing Informatics Certification Exam, offered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and CPHIMS (Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems) Certification. Additionally, graduates may acquire positions such as:
- Medical Informatics Coordinator
- Systems Analyst
- Senior Consultant Project Manager
- EHR Support
- Informatics Nurse
- Applications Manager
- Clinical Solutions Specialist
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$1,064.00
Out of State Rate:$1,064.00
Additional Fees :$400.00
Fees Overview :
A total of 37.5 credits are required.
- Computing and Network Services Fee (per semester): $100
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$40,300.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$40,300.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from an ACEN (NLN), ACICS, or CCNE accredited program.
- A current license to practice nursing in a state or territory of the United States. All students must obtain a Pennsylvania license prior to beginning clinical courses.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in the undergraduate degree.
- Relevant clinical experience (specified by the Major/Area of Concentration).
- A pre-admission interview. If the applicant resides at a great distance, a telephone interview may be conducted.
- The GRE may be waived if the GPA is 3.5 or higher.
- Pre-requisite statistics course within the last 10 years with a grade of B- or better.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A typed essay.
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.