The bachelor’s in Health Psychology program examines how psychological, behavioral, cultural, and social factors influence health and illness. Graduates will be prepared to work in the healthcare industry or for further graduate study.
Students will learn techniques for working with people on the autism spectrum or with developmental disabilities, as well as behavioral management techniques. Skills gained in this program can help enhance performance and satisfaction of employees in businesses and organizations, help children develop skills in educational settings, and improve the lives of adults with disabilities. Graduates will be equipped with effective communication skills to be able to counsel patients and discover techniques to improve behavioral health diagnoses.
Some of the topics studied in this online bachelor’s in Psychology degree program include:
- Foundations of health psychology
- Principles of counseling
- Stress and pain management
- Abnormal psychology
- Health promotion through the lifespan
- Evidence of a new birth in Jesus Christ
- Three years of post-high school work/life experience
- GPA of 2.00
- Official high school transcript or an official GED certificate
- English language proficiency (if applicable)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission