University of Northern Colorado offers an online Master of Arts in Special Education degree with a specialization in Intervention Specialist, Academic Coaching and Leadership. Through this program, teachers will gain more training and understanding of behavioral and social success among students. The curriculum is research-based, providing a high quality and accurate approach to special education intervention.
- Official copies of transcripts
- Two professional letters of recommendation from previous employers or academic professors
- 1-2 page statement of educational goals and philosophy
- Evidence of licensure/endorsement as a special education generalist teacher OR
- Evidence of 24 semester hours of college level coursework from a regionally credited college or university in each of the areas (overview of special education; behavior; assessment and identification of children with disabilities; differentiating instruction for learners with diverse needs; transition and secondary services; reading, math; and oral and written language) with 2.6 overall degree GPA
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission