The online MSN / Nurse Educator degree program from the University of Nevada-Las Vegas is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the safe, effective, and efficient advanced practice of nursing. Graduates are prepared to:
- Accept a faculty position within a program of nursing, or a nurse educator position in a clinical setting
- Increase mastery related to teaching, learning, evaluation strategies, curriculum design, and the use of educational technologies
- Enhance clinical expertise in a selected specialty area, via directed study and mentorship with experienced faculty
- Supervise basic nursing students in clinical practice areas and/or work with nurse educators in clinical settings to prepare, deliver, and evaluate educational programs for nurses
- A BSN from accredited schools of nursing.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Current RN licensure in U.S. or country of residence.
- Official transcripts from all university level education.
- Statement of purpose.
- Current resume or vita.
School Accreditation Statement
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities