The online DNP degree program from the University of Nevada-Las Vegas prepares nurses to assume leadership roles in clinical practice, administration, clinical teaching, and clinical research. Graduates are able to:
- Provide advanced nursing care to improve patient and population health care outcomes in various direct and indirect settings
- Take leadership roles in the analysis, delivery, and management of nursing care and health care systems
- Provide evidence-based practice through the application of analytical methods, information systems technology, and clinical research
- Collaborate with inter-professional teams to meet the health care needs of culturally and ethnically diverse individuals and populations
- Act as change agents, leaders, and advocates in the design, implementation, and evaluation of health care policy as it affects populations and the nursing profession
- A BSN and an MSN from accredited schools of nursing. If you have a master’s degree in a healthrelated discipline and a BSN from accredited institution you may apply for admission to our program.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in your master’s degree program, and have a "B" or better in a graduate research and a graduate statistics course.
- Current RN licensure in U.S. or country of residence.
- Official transcripts from all university level education.
- Statement of purpose.
- Current resume or vita.
- Two samples of written work.
School Accreditation Statement
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities