University of Missouri-Columbia offers the online BHS with a concentration in Health Science. This degree can help you prepare for a career in a health-related field. If you want to start a nonclinical career or work toward a graduate or professional program in health care, this may be the degree for you.
Core course work covers the following:
- Public health principles and practice
- Introduction to health professions
- Health care in the United States
- Hands-one experiential learning
- Introduction to research
- Clinical ethics
Potential occupational opportunities:
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution
- Medical case management
- Corporate wellness
- Human services
- Medical sales
It is recommended that applicants have at least 24 credit hours of applicable college level course work with a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher.
You may apply as a freshman.
- ACT/SAT test scores (freshman only)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prerequisite high school courses in math, English, science, social studies, foreign language, and fine arts
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission